top of page

Women's Day Circle

Public·9 members
Easton Rivera
Easton Rivera

Which Surface Should I Buy !!EXCLUSIVE!!

Microsoft has been dropping prices on its Surface lineup over the last few months, with the cheapest Surface Pro 7 tablet + keyboard bundle now available for just $599 (which also means prices are dropping elsewhere).

which surface should i buy

Even with the Surface Pro 8 and 9 now available, this Surface Pro 7 is still a competitive offer, and with over seven iterations to the Surface line of 2-in-1 PCs, that means it should be a highly polished piece of kit well worth the price premium. So is it worth it at this lower price point?

Microsoft has really dropped the ball with it's hardware division ever since the Surface 3. When they first announced the surface line, I was really excited to finally see a useful form of the iPad that I'd always dreamed of. With Surface 1 and 2, with WACOM EMR digitizers, there was always hope of future improvement. As time went on, they just keep falling behind over and over.Surface machines often have Worse firmware support and driver updates than OEMs, which is amazing considering Microsoft has it in-house. Look up threads on the screen cracking failures, wifi issues (from the old terrible wifi chips they used), windows update fails, and on and on. Port selection use to be great, with potential for some really interesting GPU connectivity when the Surface Book came out with the keyboard connectors, but Microsoft never did anything with it. Nowadays they continue to refuse USB4/Thunderbolt 3 integration, because 'security' reasons.

That's a big selling point of this form-factor: take it everywhere with you like a phone, but dock it at the office/home and use it like a desktop. But it needs to be worth the price as a tertiary machine (as well as last long enough on battery, which is another point the Atom and Surface 3 were great at).

So what do you recommend instead? I am just looking for a small, fast 2 in one that I can keep by my bed side to work on when I am too lazy to go upstairs to my office. (I run photoshop, video editing and other web based apps) I just bought the surface pro 7 with the i7 processor. The keyboards are currently out of stock and I am still within the return window.

Also also they're too expensive as a primary computer, considering how much value the $999 MacBook Air has to offer, with better display, better speakers, better I/O, better touchpad, better performance, better heat&noise, and better battery life. Surface Pro 16GB model goes for $1,800 USD which is absurd for how worse it is in every aspect compared to a MacBook, or other Windows laptops.

I agree with everything you have said. I REGRET having purchased the surface pro 7. It is the greatest disappointment. I had a simple Samsung tablet before for 3/4 the price of the surface pro 7 and it performed 100% better. I won't recommend it, not even to my worst enemy. Horrible product!

It's a pretty big bump from the Surface Pro 7, which launched at just $749/799/AU$1,249. However, that was for a configuration with just a Core i3 processor and 4GB of RAM. But the Pro 7 configuration with a Core i5, 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD launched for just $899/899/AU$1,499, which is a full $200 cheaper in the US. It's a pretty massive price difference.

Of course, if you want a more powerful Surface Pro 8, you can pay to upgrade it. You can upgrade the Surface Pro 8 all the way to an Intel Core i7 processor, 32 GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD, which will set you back $2,599 in the US.

That makes the Surface Pro 8 the same price as the 12-9-inch iPad Pro to start, and we're not sure that's a comparison Microsoft wants, at least when it comes to performance. In our testing, the Apple M1, which is in both the iPad Pro and some Macs, absolutely wipes the floor with 11th-generation Intel U-series processors. Microsoft has some pretty stiff competition with its oldest rival.

The Surface Pro lineup kind of started to stagnate for the last couple iterations. Both the Surface Pro 6 and Surface Pro 7 were just spec updates of the Surface Pro 2017. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing, as four years ago, the Surface Pro was a pretty fresh device. But now it needs a pretty substantial redesign, especially in the face of the new iPad Pro, which Microsoft has pretty much left alone since its introduction.

The Surface Pro 8, luckily, brings some much-needed design improvements to the table. The easiest one to notice is the new graphite color, which simply looks incredible. While it seems like Microsoft has been focusing on lighter shades for its devices in recent years, the darker colors with this year's lineup look incredible.

On The Surface Pro 8, the display hits 103% of the sRGB spectrum and has a peak brightness of 467 nits, which makes this one incredibly gorgeous display. Everything we've watched on this thing, whether it's Bob's Burgers in bed or the green text on the black background of our command prompt, has looked incredible.

Usually, Microsoft pairs the launch of a new Surface Pro with a whole new lineup of Surface accessories, like a new pen and Type Cover. This time around, though, Microsoft is sticking with the same Type Cover that launched with the Surface Pro X, and which has apparently been incredibly popular. That means you might not need to buy a new Type Cover if you upgrade, which is good because Microsoft still isn't including it in the box.

Microsoft has also finally changed the ports. For years, the Redmond company has refused to use Thunderbolt, citing security concerns. It must have found a way around them, however, because the Surface Pro 8 has full support of Thunderbolt 4. This means a whole new world of accessories and peripherals are finally open to the Surface Pro 8, including external GPUs, which are a huge boon to the creative professionals that are most likely to buy a Surface Pro in the first place.

However, it's not all rosy here. Microsoft still insists on selling the Type Cover and Surface Pen separately, which is absurd given the higher price tag this time around. We kind of get the Surface Pen being optional, but we can't imagine ever buying this tablet and not also getting the Type Cover.

The Type Cover itself is still great, as it's the same one as Microsoft debuted with the Surface Pro X, which means it has a handy little wireless charging area for the Surface Pen - but, again, that's sold separately.

Key travel is surprisingly deep for how thin the keyboard is, and the wide spacing on the keys means you're always comfortable typing. The only place the Type Cover falls apart is its touchpad, which is mediocre at best. But given that this device excels so much as a touch device, it's not that big of a deal.

That doesn't mean that it's not faster, in fact in Cinebench R15 - a test we've retired and replaced with Cinebench R23 - the Surface Pro 8 is nearly 50% faster than the Surface Pro 7, which is a pretty incredibly generational increase. The difference isn't as stark in GeekBench 4, but it's still noticeably faster.

Leigh: I believe a keyboard is essential if your work involves heavy data entry or writing. A tablet should have a detachable/foldable keyboard or it loses all credibility for me as a desktop replacement.

The Surface Pro 3 includes more powerful processors, which are specifically designed to heavy-duty tasks, while the Surface 3 has a low-power Atom processor design for light-weight tasks and to conserve power instead of offering better performance.

A Microsoft spokesperson said the 13.5 hour claim is based on playing videos stored locally (not streamed), and said I received varied results due to factors like an active Wi-Fi connection, background processes, and browsing, which utilizes the CPU.*I downloaded a software update, plugged the device into an external display, connected a wireless mouse, and had 16 Chrome browser tabs (a serious battery hog on any device), OneNote, and Slack open simultaneously.

Battery life: A great tablet should last for a full day of work on battery power if you use it in place of a laptop, and for multiple days if you use it only as a second device or a note-taking tool. For Windows devices, we ran our standardized notebook battery life test, which simulates a typical day browsing the internet, including visiting websites, scrolling, and watching videos on YouTube. For iPads, we used them both for daily work tasks and as secondary note-taking devices.

Now, Bose is the clear-cut winner when it comes to a few categories: noise cancelling, sound quality, and battery life. ANC performance is more consistent and effective across the board, which is key for frequent flyers and commuters. Sound quality is more accurately reproduced with the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, which makes it easier to EQ the sound to your liking.

The design is the biggest change to the Surface Pro 8. Almost immediately, you can tell that the screen's edges are more rounded than previous iterations of the laptop, making it easier on the hand when you're holding it in tablet form. Bezels are much, much slimmer. They're still pretty chunky at the top and bottom of the screen, but the latter at least is concealed when the keyboard is attached. (More on the keyboard and pen later). In fact, the slimmer bezels allow for a larger screen, which, at 13 inches, is almost an inch bigger than the previous model, while keeping the device footprints almost identical.

The right-hand side boasts two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 above the proprietary charging Surface Connect port. The left has a 3.5mm headphone jack. Nobody uses their laptop for taking photographs, but should you need to quickly scan a document, there's a 10MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera. That's enough to make you look nice and clear on your Zoom calls.

You can get two different versions of the keyboard: a simple Surface Pro Keyboard (which used to be called the Type Cover), and the Surface Pro Signature Keyboard. The basic version still provides backlit keys, a good touchpad, and an excellent typing experience, but it comes with no extra frills. This is the one to buy if you aren't interested in getting the Slim Pen as well. Typing is relatively loud and clicky, but I actually find the crisp sound of the keys very satisfying. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page